Monday 12 March 2012

Felt at Central Hall - Lucy Bowring


Lucy Bowring - Artist's Statement

The George and Lilly range is designed and created by Lucy Bowring. It consists of a large collection of handmade felt gifts and accessories including decorated purses, felt brooches, baby booties and book covers.  Accompanying these is a variety of special one off felt framed pictures which are completely original in both design and concept.



“ I have always been interested in designing and making textile products and really enjoy selling my items to the public as it’s nice to hear first hand feedback and see people enjoy what I have made. I get the influence for my pictures from stories, nursery rhymes and fairy tales and landscape round me. Ideas for badges, purses, booties and covers come from things around me experimenting with  different techniques and materials.”


Lucy's felt work will be at Central Hall, Alice Street, Keighley until Friday 6th April 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

L'Occitane en Provence